AWE is much more than a global gateway. It is also strategically positioned at the heart of China’s Greater Bay Area, and offers unrivalled connections to this extraordinary economic powerhouse. A venue of unparalleled scalability, AWE puts you within one hour of a metropolitan population of some 70 million people, with a combined GDP of more than USD1,600 billion. To maximize the many opportunities of the Greater Bay Area, its cities are now linked by a vast network of new infrastructure, including rail, road and sea links, all positioning AWE as a MICE and EXPOtainment hub that is second to none.
World-class Infrastructure for Seamless Accessibility
- The Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link provides fast connections to the core cities of the Greater Bay Area
- The Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge connects AWE to Macau and Zhuhai in just 40 minutes
- The Tuen Mun-Chek Lap Kok Link (scheduled to open in 2020) will slash travel times between AWE and northwest Hong Kong to just 15 minutes, with onward links to Shenzhen Bay Port in approximately 20 minutes
- Cross-boundary coach services now connect Hong Kong to more than 110 towns and cities across the Greater Bay Area, with some 550 scheduled departures every day
- The SkyPier at Hong Kong International Airport offers sea transfers serving nine ports throughout the Greater Bay Area